10 of the Best European Christmas Markets to Visit in 2021
- 16 September 2021
Beginning to plan your winter getaway? Across Europe, there are a host of magical Christmas markets. From trying mouth-watering international food, to illuminating market stalls, and even a dog outfit trying contest, these markets will certainly make it a Christmas to remember.
We have handpicked our favourites from across the continent that we hope will give you that inspiration needed before the festive season arrives later this year.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Travellers
- 19 November 2019
Christmas is already just around the corner, which also means that the stressful Christmas shopping period is nearly here. If you're stuck for gift ideas and you know someone who just loves to travel, this is the perfect list for inspiration. From cheap to pricey and essential to fun, this list covers all areas of what you need to inspire someone to explore somewhere new!
Sights & Sounds of the Borneo Jungle with Norad Travel
- 06 November 2019
Join us on our Exclusive Small Group Tour to Borneo
Led by our very own Sarah Tichacek
After the success of our previous Norad led tours to Vietnam & India, Join Sarah on our exclusive and fully escorted Norad Travel 'Sights & Sounds of the Borneo Jungle' group tour, packed full of tailor-made wildlife and jungle experiences. From a once in lifetime Orangutan experience in Sandakan, to a traditional lunch cooked by Sukau villagers, this bespoke tour is certainly not one to miss.
£2,875 per person
- Departing 2nd October 2020
- Flights from London Heathrow
- 9 nights, exclusive and bespoke Norad guided tour
- Led by Norad Senior Manager, Sarah Tichecek
- Escorted by experienced local Borneo guide
- Packed full of tailor-made wildlife experiences
- Secure your place for just £350 Deposit
Explore the amazing sights of Borneo
The exclusive tour will be led by Norad Travel Senior Manager, Sarah Tichacek and escorted by an experienced local Borneo guide. The Sights & Sounds of Borneo tour will depart on Friday 2nd October and return Monday 12th October, allowing you time to explore the very best Borneo has to offer.
Friday 2nd October:
Flight from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur. Overnight on-board flight.
Day 1 - Saturday 3rd October: Sandakan
Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Sandakan (13:25 arrival)
- Private transfer from the airport to the hotel with lunch and dinner served at the hotel.
- Flying squirrel platforms to see these incredible animals
- Accommodation: My Nature Resort
Day 2 - Sunday 4th October: Sandakan
- Labuk Bay Monkey Sanctuary
- Rainforest Discovery Centre
- Return to resort for dinner
Accommodation: My Nature Resort
Day 3 - Monday 5th October: Sandakan
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Tropical Lowland Dipterocarp Forest of Borneo
- Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Cruise up to the Lower Kinabatangan River Sanctuary
Accommodation: Abai Jungle Lodge, includes lunch and dinner
Day 4 - Tuesday 6th October: Sukau
- River trip to Pitas Oxbow Lake to observe wildlife
- Breakfast at Abai Jungle Platform
- Lunch with the villagers at Abai Village which has been specially cooked by them
- River cruise to Sukau village
Accommodation: Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge
Day 5 - Wednesday 7th October: Sukau
- River trip to experience the longest river of Sabah
- Explore the Gomantong Bird nest caves on Sakau Lodge
- Transfer back to lodge and lunch at Sukau Villager's house or at Sukau Lodge
- Afternoon river cruise
Accommodation: Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge
Day 6 - Thursday 8th October: Sukau
- Transfer from the hotel to the airport
- After breakfast, a private transfer from the lodge to the airport
- Flight from Sandakan to Kota Kinabalu, includes private transfers
Accommodation: Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa, 3 nights bed & breakfast
Day 6,7,8 - Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
With a private beach, views of the coral islands and just five minutes drive from the centre of Kota Kinabalu and ten minutes drive from the airport, Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru offers luxury and relaxation in a great location.
Facilities include an infinity and lap pool, health club, CHI Spa, sauna, Jacuzzi, nine-hole golf course, tennis, bike hire, watersports and choice of bars and restaurants.
Day 9 - Sunday 11th October
Flights from Kota Kinabalu to Kula Lumpur and then onwards to London Heathrow returning Monday 12th October
*Limited to 17 people with a minimum of 10 bookings required for the tour to go ahead.The above price is guaranteed subject to a minimum of 10 people in economy class. Priced at £2,875 per person based on a twin double room and economy flights, business class upgrades and extensions that can be quoted upon request.
To find out more about the Sights and Sounds of Borneo Group Tour, speak to our travel expert Sarah Tichacek.
Latest holiday event: Destination Canada
- 23 January 2018
Earlier this month, Norad Travel, Liss' local independent travel agency from Norad Travel Group, celebrated the wonders of Canada at their latest holiday event.
Norad Travel, the local independent travel agency from Norad Travel Group, brought the sunshine to Midhurst on Sunday 29th October with their second successful Holiday & Travel Show of the year.
Norad Travel Group's local independent travel agent and concierge service Norad Travel celebrate another successful local event, held at The Grange Centre in Midhurst on Sunday 29th January.
10 destinations you need to visit in 2017
- 28 December 2016
Expand your horizons in 2017 with 10 unique hand-picked destinations, each with something amazing to offer.